Fall Sports (Season 1)
- Girls Varsity and JV Volleyball (tryout required)
- Co-ed Varsity and JV Softball (tryout required)
- Co-ed Cross Country (non-cut)
- Girls Intramural Volleyball (non-cut)
Winter 1 Sports (Season 2)
Summer is the perfect time to get a physical before the start of the new school year. Please download a physical form and have your medical professional sign it. During the registration process, you will be asked to upload a scan of the physical. Incoming 6th grade athletes must have a physical dated on or after January 1st of this school year. Physicals are valid for 24 months.
Students in grades 6-8 can try out to participate in Varsity and Junior Varsity teams such as Girls Volleyball, Co-ed Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, and Girls Soccer. All students may also participate in non-cut sports such as Co-ed Cross Country, Girls Intramural Volleyball, Co-ed Wrestling, Girls and Boys Intramural Basketball, Girls Intramural Soccer, and Co-ed Track.
Similar to ISD high schools, registration for middle school sports will be completed online. The ISD Middle School Sports webpage contains a link to the FinalForms Registration Portal to register for the current season of sports (located at the very bottom of the webpage). FinalForms uses your Family Access login for Skyward. If you don't know your username or password, go to Family Access and click on "Forgot your Login/Password." You will receive an email with a link to reset your password from Family Access. PLEASE NOTE: If you reset your password in Skyward, your new password will not work in FinalForms until the next day.
The office can only accept registration for the current sports season.
All athletes are required to purchase a $35 ASB membership. Sport-specific fees for Cross Country, Softball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Basketball, Soccer, and Track are $50.00. The fee for Intramural sports is $20.00. All steps in the registration process must be completed the Friday before the start of the season to guarantee participation clearance for the first day of practice/tryouts. Intramural sports will begin after the start of the season.
Payment for sports fees may be paid after notification of making a Varsity or JV team. Non-cut sports require paid sports fees to start practice.
All practices start immediately after school ends. Hustle to meet with your coaches! Practices end at 4:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and at 5:00 PM on Wednesday. No practice on Fridays. Activity bus comes at 4:21 PM Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and at 5:08 PM on Wednesday. Intramural sports typically have less practices during the week - check with your coach.
BLMS sports teams compete with other middle school teams within the Issaquah School District. Game schedules are posted for each sport. We compete against Issaquah, Maywood, Pacific Cascade, and Pine Lake. Games are held at home or away. Teams are transported by bus to away games.
In order for students to participate in any athletic program, they must:
- Maintain passing grades and earn credit in all classes (enroll in at least 4 classes)
- Maintain a 2.0 trimester and cumulative GPA and have NO failing grades
- Clear all fines
- Purchase an ASB membership for $35.00
- Pay the district participation fee of $50.00 per sport season (with a maximum of $150.00 per student across the year) or $20.00 per intramural sport
- Have a current physical examination completed prior to participation in a sport which must be dated on or after January 1st of the year they will start 6th grade. Physicals are valid for two years and may not expire during the season of participation, and must also indicate a doctor’s approval for “full participation.”
- Have completed the online athletic registration process.
Note: In order to participate in any after school activity, theater, sports, concerts, etc., a student must attend a full day of school. (Exceptions: Medical/dental appointments, certain emergency absences when approved by either the Principal or Assistant Principal.) All fines must be paid.
- ALL students are encouraged to become actively involved in one or more of the sports that are offered.
- Athletes are required to have a minimum of 8 practices prior to participating in their first athletic competition.
Note: If you currently live in the Beaver Lake Middle School attendance area and are enrolled in a private or home school program, please contact our Registrar, Kim De Booij-Moors (425-837-4160) for information on how to enroll in a sports program.
- In order to maintain athletic eligibility during the current trimester, a student shall maintain passing grades in all classes. Grades will be checked 10 days into the beginning of the sport season.
- If a student-athlete receives any failing grades, regardless of the grade point average, that student-athlete is placed on academic probation for 10 calendar days. The student-athlete is allowed to continue to attend and participate in practices only. He/she may not participate in athletic contests during this time. Grades will be checked again at the end of the 10-day probation period.
- Academic checks and discipline reviews will be conducted by the Head Coach, and the student-athlete eligibility will be determined by these checks. If academic and/or behavior expectations continue to be a concern, the student will not be able to participate.
The above also applies to participation in BLMS clubs, Theater Productions, and the role of Team Manager(s).
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact Beth Beck, Bookkeeper.
Playing on an athletic team and representing our schools helps students build pride in our community and work together for a common goal. Important life lessons are taught in the athletic "classroom"—teamwork, effort, respect, and commitment. These skills contribute directly to the District's End learning goal in the area of life management. Our athletic programs focus on having students compete with honor and good sportsmanship while developing a commitment to an active lifestyle, friendships, and memories.
The Issaquah School District is committed to promoting equal athletic opportunities for both boys and girls attending our schools as outlined in Title IX. As part of the District's ongoing review of athletic and activities co-curricular programs, we consider input from students and parents. If you would like to propose the addition of a sport or activity, the following documents describe the process for co-curricular changes or requests.
- Add athletic program
- To Add an Activity:
- Elementary School – Contact Principal at your Elementary School
- Middle School – Contact ASB Advisor or Principal/Assistant Principal at your Middle School
- High School – Contact the ASB Activity Coordinator at your High School
Middle School Sports
- Issaquah School District Physical Evaluation Form
- Online Sports Registration - FinalForms
- Middle School Student Athletic Handbook
INFORMATION FOR 2022-2023 MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
All middle school athletics and activities are subject to cancellation or to a change in operations given updated guidance we may receive from WIAA, OSPI, the Governor of WA, the King County Department of Health and/or other relevant public health or governing institutions. Middle school athletics philosophy is to recognize the unique development needs of the middle level student, build student success through active participation, increase skill building and positive sportsmanship. We will continue to monitor guidance and adjust accordingly.
- FinalForms is our new Athletic Registration software.
- Physicals are now valid for two (2) years. However students entering the 6th grade must have a physical dated after January 1 of the year they started 6th grade, and physicals may not expire during the season of participation.
- Physicals can now be uploaded directly to FinalForms. Parents, you must keep the original, signed physical available at home and be able to produce it upon request.
- Families can now register for the entire year of sports at one time. They are also free to register for just the upcoming season and register for future seasons at a later date.
REGISTRATION - As easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Registration is required and can be completed online via FinalForms.
You will need to find your invitation e-mail from FinalForms that was sent to parents and students to log in to the system for the first time. If you cannot find that email, please contact your school’s Athletics Office. Please note the following before registering online:
- Registration must be completed by the parent or legal (court appointed) guardian of the student athlete using the parent e-mail currently in Family Access.
- Parents/guardians can find registration instructions in the FinalForms Parent Playbook.
- Parents/guardians can enter multiple students in one FinalForms session.
- When you add or update information in FinalForms, it does not update information in Family/Student Access. Please contact your school registrar for updates to your student’s information at the school.
Register early! To ensure adequate time for the clearance process, student athletes may not be permitted to attend practice the same day as registration.
Private School or Home-Based Families: To participate in athletics at the Issaquah School District, you must first be enrolled at your boundary school. Please visit our New Student Enrollment Page for instructions on how to enroll your student online. When filling out your application, please add a note in the comments section that your student is planning to participate in sports. It will take at least 24 hours after you receive the email confirming enrollment for your student to become active in the athletics system, so please plan accordingly.
NOTE: All students who are new to the Issaquah School District, are Home Based, or attend Private School must first be registered online and cleared by the building registrar prior to registering for sports. This process may take up to 3 school days. This must be done prior to starting the online sports registration process so please plan accordingly!
2. A current physical form must be on file for eligibility.
- Physicals are valid for two (2) years.
- Incoming 6th graders planning to play sports must have a physical upon entering middle school. For incoming sixth graders, this physical needs to be completed on or after January 1 to be eligible for the upcoming school year.
- Sports Physicals must be current for the entire season/post season. Students will NOT be cleared to turn out with a physical that expires during the regular season or playoffs.
- Parents/guardians can go to FinalForms to register and complete the student’s medical information, which will create a personalized Pre-participation Physical Evaluation (PPE).
- Parents/guardians print the PPE form, which includes the ISD Physical Form (last page of the PPE document), and have the student take the form to the medical exam appointment. Please share with your physician that the ISD only requires the final page of the physical be scanned/uploaded or brought in.
- Submit completed Physical Form via upload to FinalForms (you can scan or take a picture) or drop off in person during open Athletics Office hours PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION. Please note: you are only required to upload (or bring in when our offices open to the public) the final page of the physical form.
- The Physical Form is available if you need one prior to registering with FinalForms.
Medical insurance is also required. If you don’t have medical insurance coverage through your family, school insurance is available for a fee. Information on Student Accident & Sickness Coverage.
The following fees are collected for participation in middle school sports.
- ASB card purchase – valid for the entire school year
- $50.00 per sport with a maximum of $150.00 per student per year
- $20.00 per sport for intramural teams.
All fees can be paid online.
Note: Scholarships are available, contact your school bookkeeper, counselor, and/or Assistant Principal for details.